Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 - Jerking & Stalling

Options
  • 18-08-2022 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello everyone - need small advise - around what could be causing this.

my car had been jerking few times over last 2-3 weeks while driving. However today, after i started the car and drove for 2 mins, and was about to slow down at a junction it stopped all together showing battery red sign..

Someone passing helped me to do a jump start, and it then started.

I have been using my car regularly to travel around city, last drove yesterday for 70kms with no issues. Serviced 8 months back and have driven 5000kms since then.

Is this a battery issue or something else? Is jerking and battery related?

2016 model - 85000kms clocked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

No expert but when I had that same issue with my accord it was a fuel supply issue according to my mechanic. Didn't have to replace anything but just cleaned out something. Sorry thats probably not much help!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Start with the easy stuff first and eliminate them one by one. Get the battery tested, if the battery test is good then maybe look at the alternator and/or any engine management fault codes read to help point to where the issue may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Is it diesel.

Advertisement