Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 5 reverse sensors

Options
  • 17-08-2022 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

looking for some help before I gonna break something. Can I connect reverse camera to that little box (Mazda has reverse sensors connected through that box to radio with screen) or should I plugged in straight at the back of the radio. Reverse camera has only 2 wires (yellow and red).

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

No.

Your reversing camera should be connected directly to the radio. Those Pioneer units have a dedicated input for a camera, connect your rear camera video output to the brown ‘rear view camera in’ (marked) connection on the back of the radio unit. The only thing you could possibly get from the reversing sensors box is the switch for the reverse gear signal input but why mess with the wiring from the parking sensor box when you’ll be running the wiring for the camera from the boot anyway? Just connect the switch wire to the reverse light in the boot at the same time & run them together.

If you’re unsure about what you’re trying to do it’s best to get a professional to fit it for you.

Advertisement