Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help selling/valuing bike

Options
  • 17-08-2022 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hoping for some help or guidance on this. Currently have a 2006 GSXR 1000 sitting around that the owner wants me to help selling for them. It belonged to my wife's brother, who passed away in January. My mother in law is now the registered owner of the bike and she would like to sell it on. I know nothing about these bikes and can't even ride it around the house without stalling it! 😬 It was my brother in law's price and joy and it was his only mode of transport, so it was maintained quite well from what I know.

It is 2006 with 33,181 miles. I know from examining it that it has a power commander and HM quick shifter. (I'm assuming this is the reason I can't ride the thing! 🤷🏻‍♂️)

Even though I ride 1100/1200cc BMWs, I'm very nervous of this because I don't understand the quick shifter.

Could anyone offer a rough guideline on what this is worth? I know it's hard without seeing the bike, I might be able to get pictures of it up. Our does anyone know the easiest way of selling it for a fair price? I wouldn't like to see my mother in law done out of money. Thanks in advance.

Bike is located in Kerry by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

Get some pics up if you can. It depends on condition, service history, loads of variables.

There's currently a 2006 up on adverts for 5 grand: Suzuki Gsxr 1000 For Sale in Carrigtwohill, Cork from King trader (adverts.ie)

But (IMO) adverts prices can be 20-30% over valued to allow for people trying to haggle down, or offer trades of broken washing machines and a ferro rocher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@Wood is spot on.

The only thing to add is that the 2006 model, a K6 was a popular one as it was the second year of a model that sort of set the tone for sports bikes for a while.

They were particularly lightweight, and powerful, with few electronics getting in the way. They have a bit of a cult following but do not really command a premium as such. They were sold in big numbers so there area loty floating about. the Power Commander and QS would certainly help in setting one above a bog standard one.

30 miles is not high for these, but you'd want some evidence of service history, even if it is only oil changes and consumables.

Prices seem to start about €4,500 for a hound and or one that has been heavily 'personalised', but can go up to €5,500 for one that is pristine, low mileage and standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

Thanks very much for your replies. I'll try and throw up a few pics here.

Advertisement