Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POTW 633: 9/7/22 - 15/7/22

Options
  • 17-08-2022 11:36am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Beasty

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

cnocbui

Adrian.Sadlier

Gregor Samsa

CONGRATULATIONS Beasty

Some information on the winning shot would be welcome

WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks Myksyk, and thanks for all the work you do around here

Clearly a Queen concert, in one of the biggest indoor arenas in Europe - Manchester Arena

I know Brian May and his mop of nearly white hair is a bit of a light magnet, and when he took to that centre stage he asked the audience to add some atmosphere by switching their phone lights on. With the spotlights on him he almost became "Brian Monochrome" and I knew all those white lights were likely to provide a great picture. And being quite tall I was getting all the lights from those in the standing area as well

All done with a compact digital Sony RX100 VI. They won's allow SLRs (digital or otherwise) into most concerts as they consider anything with a detachable lens as a "professional" camera, whereas this pocket dynamo of a camera is probably as good as many larger options, particularly when close up, but also taking something at a relatively wide angle like this

Advertisement