Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change a putter shaft

Options
  • 15-08-2022 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

I bought a taylormade spider x putter about a year and a half ago.

I simply can't use it, so I have put my old putter back in the bag (odyssey sabre tooth).

Wondering if I could change the shaft on the taylormade

to a shaft with a turn in it like this pic:

I asked my pro and he was not sure. I had a look and there does not seem to be a way to simply remove the current shaft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Looks like you would have a different hosel also.

The putter you have is a toe-hang putter whereas the shaft you are looking at would be for a face-balanced putter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

As @SEORG says those are two different hosels. You won't be able to put a single/double bend shaft into a slant neck spider unfortunately. Best bet would be to sell on the Spider X and try find a double bend model somewhere 2nd hand. Changing the hosel to fit a bent shaft would be a big job that not many pros would take on i would say. Not sure if that would even work to be honest, the balance might still end up off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I knew it was very unlikely, just wanted to check.

Thanks for the replies

Advertisement