Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lanzarote | As a Solo Traveller

• 15-08-2022 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi All

I have been to Lanzarote a multiple of times, always as part of a couple or a group.

I will be travelling over on the 11th of September on my own for a week, Has anyone on here ever done a solo trip to Lanza ? Any tips ?

I am very familiar with where I am staying ( Puerto Del Carmen) Just looking for Tips or recommendations.

T.I.A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Head out to the beaches at Papagayo

You can get an intercity bus out to Playa Blanca and walk the rest of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Depends what you mean or expect as a solo traveler. Should be little different to the previous times you where there.

Depends on age range and preferences as well.

I would suggest downloading the Couchsurfing app and input your trip dates.

You can choose to setup hangouts or say that you are open to meeting and hanging out with others.

If you are doing a particular experience or trip then put that in as well. You may find others willing to join.

I spent a long weekend solo in Agadir earlier this year. Stayed in an all inclusive resort. Took taxis and walked to various markets, sites etc. Booked a quad bike trip for a morning. Enjoyed it so much I wished I had enough time to do the dune buggies too.

Went to Barbados - did a 7hr tour around the island. Visited 2 of the famous Rum distilleries. Chilled out on the beaches. Drank cocktails, met people, did a submarine trip. Filmed a whole bunch of vlog stuff for YouTube that I haven't even edited yet.

It's what you make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Been there both in groups and solo a few times. If you havent been to Timafaya national park on previous visit then should conside making a trip this year.

Also rent a bike - even if you are not a cyclist you can avoid the hills if you head towards the airport. Stop for lunch/coffee etc. Nice way to explore the island. If you fancy a few hills head up behind PDC and cycle to one of the vineyards and have a glass of wine and its downhill all the way back

Advertisement