Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for review of moderator's decision

Options
  • 14-08-2022 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Hi, I would like to request Beasty's decision to remove three of my posts in the Salman Rushdie thread to be reviewed. I have attempted to resolve the issue with him amicably but he is now threatening me with sanctions if I continue to raise the matter with him. One of the posts was saying no more than what Charlie Hebdo said in reaction to the attempted murder of Mr Rushdie. Charlie Hebdo is the satirical magazine several of whose cartoonists were murdered by Islamist terrorists in 2015. Beasty is declining to engage with me further on the issue - that's his decision, fine but I would still like to appeal.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dispute resolution deals with pointed warnings and forum bans

Other complaints are dealt with in Help Desk

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Ah ok wasn't aware of that, thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Post 1 deleted

"Climate change is to blame for this!!"

Post 2

"I actually have more respect for the Twitter accounts approving of the attempted murder than the virtue signalling cowards in the West, at least the former are honest.

Implying that there is some kind of moral equivalence between Christianity in the MODERN era and Islam in the MODERN era is fundamentally dishonest and intellectually cowardl"

Post 3

"The climate change comment was spoofing SJW's like you and our ludicrous president, who will probably find a way to blame this attack on America and the West, or Mr Rushdie himself."

None of them will be re-instated, but readers of this thread can make up their own minds on this, and your attempt to make fun out of this horrible unprovoked attack

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

The readers with an IQ in double digits would be aware that Charlie Hebdo themselves reacted in similarly cynical fashion to me.

The first post was clearly and obviously an attempt to make fun not of the attack but of the social justice warrior brigade who do everything but blame the actual cause of such Islamist terror attacks.

Your entirely false and spurious claim that I made fun of the attack is libellous, disgusting and beneath contempt. In fact your reaction justifies mine and Charlie Hebdo's cynical response.

Let's see if you are consistent. Are quotes from Charlie Hebdo and the Spectator (a conservative mainstream mag published in the UK) banned also?

It goes without saying that I stand by each and every one of the above deleted posts, and your attempts to censor legitimate discussion are beneath contempt and play into the hands of people like the attempted murderer of Mr Rushdie.

Now off you pop.

Resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement