Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete topic deleted twice

Options
  • 14-08-2022 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭

In the FF/FG/Green thread a person posted about the finance ministers misunderstanding of SF wanting to raise social welfare by $50. It was pointed out it wasn't so and a newstalk clip showing a few presentors having a go at a shinner, based on an indo mistaken story. They all came off foolish looking. We were discussing it and the entire conversation between several posters was deleted with no note explaining why.

So we were discussing that and the topic arose out of it and that entire discussion was deleted and the only note said not to discuss moderation.

Can I/we get an explanation why the topic of discussion is to be deleted? What kind of a discussion forum does that?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,716 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We received a report about the post discussing SF in the Government thread

I agreed with the reporter and deleted the comment with all replies

The second "discussion" that was deleted was all about moderation

Of course it would only have taken a PM to get clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

As PM'd the main discussion was about Pascal and news talk making ejits of themselves. If was all deleted because it referenced SF, there are numerous almost daily discussions in that thread that reference SF. Just looking for clarity.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,716 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have provided an explanation by PM (A discussion I initiated - you know you should have PM'd me before starting a thread in Feedback or Help Desk)

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement