Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek The Motion Picture

Options
  • 14-08-2022 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭

I was checking the cinema listings for this Friday cooing, and I notice it's on the big screen again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This the updated 4K version?

Be interesting to see what changes they made to V'ger to show it the way it was meant to be, but money and graphics didnt allow for it back then.

While not my favourite Trek film (Still better than V & Nemesis) it's very much a Core Trek film with an actual story, mystery and adventure.

Also its only one of the two original films that the Enterprise has a full crew!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I believe it is ... This from the Vue Cinema listing:

I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think it would be no harm just watching the Original Theatre version before this one to know the differences.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen earlier that it was on in Vue on Friday and Saturday and now it's only on Saturday. I wonder what happened to the Friday listing. Could it be booked out?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

How wonderful. There's a lot I like about TMP, including the score at the start of the motion picture.

It's funny how the special effects are so dated, but it doesn't make any difference to enjoying it decades later. In fact it adds something to it.

I suppose it just goes to show that special effects aren't the be all and end all.

Modern sci-fi movies have too much of them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Well 🤬 anyway!

Odeon Limerick was unable to play ST:TMP this evening. They were having "trouble with the file" apparently. Someone in the audience asked if this was a similar problem to the Tron showing during the week, to which the staffer didn't know, as she only started on Wednesday.

Advertisement