Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete ...

Options
  • 14-08-2022 1:43am

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Go to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Could you save their name under a different heading, like 'don't text' or 'cheater' if they cheated for example. Going on the dating site might be a distraction too. Or maybe delete your ex's number to avoid temptation

• Advertisement

My ex was also fun to talk to, but he was also a cheater who didn't have my best interests at heart. There will be plenty more people who are fun to talk to whilst at the same time, show you the respect you deserve. I recommend going on the dating site for a distraction and deleting all contact til you move on. Spend more time with family/friends and people who genuinely care about you. Hes an ex for a reason and you deserve better. Maybe you could even write out a list of his cons to remind yourself why he's a douche. Also i'd imagine if a friend came to you with this dilemma, you'd tell them the same thing or something similar.

Dua lipa wasn't wrong in her song new rules. Try focus on goals/new goals /adventures etc. Whatever you need to do to help yourself move on.

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes it's about quality, not quantity. I lost a lot of people who I thought were friends after a life event and now I only call very few people friends (friend's and family) because they're actually genuine friends who care about me. So I hope you have at least 1 friend who you can count on. If not, there is always opportunity to make some more. Hmm makes me wonder, can I ask why he came off like a douche to you?

Nice that you're brother invited you to a party, insensitive of the girl though, not a nice thing to say to someone to make them feel comfortable but I guess at least she sorta apologised. Some people and their sense of humour eh 🙄

The best thing you can do is be yourself and as the saying goes those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Yeah you def don't need to give into peer pressure,especially not by taking coke. I could have full on given into smoking and be on my way to lung cancer just to fit in with a few insecure gals, never worth it.

Sorry you're not feeling great and good job for trying to find an alternative outlet than your ex. Feel free to chat hear about how you're feeling but of course no pressure.

• Advertisement

Advertisement