Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA fee 1.9% ; good / bad?

Options
  • 13-08-2022 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I have a proposal from an EA who does very well in my area (Cork South Side) to sell our (desirable) property for 1.9% (+€750 marketing budget)

How does this compare to what you are seeing out there?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,197 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is this inclusive of vat? Just sold a Wexford house for. 1.5% plus vat plus €250 of expenses. 400k region. I would expect to negotiate for a more expensive house.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 southofthelee

Thanks Marcus - very useful data - this is ex.VAT. Did your EA do a good job?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭frank730

We paid 1.75% plus vat, no other fees, definitely ask for a few quotes

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Selling an apartment in Dublin at the minute and all the quotes I got were in and around 1.5% mark and between 400 and 700 for outlays. 1.9% is pretty high IMO, you'd be better off seeing can you either haggle them down or get other quotes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Movingo did ours for a flat fee which was well below 1%. We were very happy with what they provided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

We sold our house in a good area in Dublin last month and was 1%. Agent was absolutely brilliant got us the perfect buyer and top price

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

Selling in Kildare at 1% and we paid for the photographs €350, the agent waived the marketing costs because house >400k

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

We're using Moovingo as well and very happy with their service so far, totally forgot to mention that in my previous post 😖 we went with with their "performance" pack which was €2500+VAT so it ended up working out around 1% of the price we went sale agreed at. That included photography etc. My brother in law just sold his house in Meath and they paid 1.25% plus vat, property sold for about €365k

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Had a friend recommend Moovingo also and he was very happy with them. Service was basic and they had to conduct their own viewings (as opposed to the estate agent organizing the viewings) but he said that actually worked out better in his opinion as the potential buyers liked having the opportunity to meet the sellers in person. He said the photos they took of the place were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

That's a very high fee OP. 1 to 1.5 percent would be more regular and marketing usually less than 400 if any at all.

The agent probably has plenty work and may have priced high as he doesn't need it.

Same work involved on the agents side whether it's a 100k house or a 1 million house. You should be able negotiate that agent down or get a few prices.

These fees are easy earned the past few years. 1.9 percent is almost 8k on a house of that selling price, with VAT bringing it to 10. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

With the more mainstream agents you are paying for their office rentals and scattered backroom whereas movingo is in some unit somewhere away from the main street.

Our guy arranged 2 open viewings that he hosted. We just disappeared for a few hours. Had 5 or 6 bidders off the back of those and ended up getting about 5% more for the house than we expected.

House was in Dublin, 5 miles from city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Out of interest, if your friend had to show everyone around/answer all their queries, what was he/she paying Moovingo to do?

Advertisement