Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date of Death UK Records 1970

Options
  • 13-08-2022 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know any free source to confirm the exact date of death for a person in England in 1970. (Without registering with the pay to view sites or requesting death cert?).

I've checked the burial records in both www.freebmd.org.uk and the UK Gov records but neither has the actual date of death, just the burial date.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

No, nothing free. Indexes on FMP/Ancestry have dates of death in them but I think it's later than 1970. Newspaper might have a death notice.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

@pinkypinky. Thanks for that. I've ordered a death cert from the relevant UK City Council. I'm erecting a headstone for a family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Full marks for diligence. Most of us here no longer are surprised by the frequent discrepancy between actual date of death and the date on the heasdstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

Gosh, I didn’t realise it was a common enough thing. And good to know if I get around to further pursuing my own family tree. Thanks.

Advertisement