Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A new rim brake wheelset?

• 11-08-2022 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

I have a Cannondale CAAD12 that is currently stuck on my turbo and it doesn't have a wheelset. It is probably too nice for that use so I'm looking for a wheelset to give me the possibility to take it out on the road if I wanted.

I haven't bought a rim brake wheelset in a long time and there doesn't seem to be a huge selection.

My requirements are tubeless (but not Mavic UST), not to weigh a tonne and not to cost a bomb given it is a spare bike. Probably 500€ at an absolute max.

I would go for Campagnolo Zonda's if they were tubeless compatible but they are not. At the moment I see the DT Swiss P1800 (1616g) for €255 as the best option. I've also looked at Scribe 365 (1574g / 370€), Scribe Race (1454g / 470€), or Hunt Race Aero (1496g / 509€).

I have the disc version of the DT Swiss so I think they are fine, and I'm not seeing any reason to spend the extra for the others beyond looking a bit cooler.

Any ideas or anything else I should look at?

Comments

Advertisement