Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing a Isuzu Dmax from Northern Ireland

Options
  • 10-08-2022 2:09pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the following for me as I'm a bit confused from reading conflicting information online.

I'm interested in buying a 2016 reg Isuzu Dmax (2.5 litre, king cab 160BHP) from the North. The owner is a private seller but VAT registered to the best of my knowledge. I'm 99% sure it's a northern reg jeep from new. The jeep itself would cost around €15,000, what additional costs have I to factor in when re-registering it in the Republic. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jeepcj

As long as its registered to a northern Ireland address, VRT is all you will have to pay. should be around 2000 euro https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s3. Make sure to get the full V5 document and not just the export section that they used to give you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Thank you, I'd suffer paying the VRT but the biggest issue I'm facing atm is the VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Add 23% for Vat and 13% for VRT.

You also need to weigh the pickup and present its weight certificate.

Is the seller charging you UK VAT?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

It's a private seller, he's vat registered but didn't mention VAT as of yet.

Advertisement