Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz licence Irish car insurance for 6 months

Options
  • 09-08-2022 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks, I would really appreciate any advice you have for an Irish car insurer who would accomodate insurance via Australia Driving Licences. I don’t wish to exchange my Oz licence as we are returning to Oz. I understand the rule only requires Oz licence exchange if one becomes normally resident (after 185 days). Not having much luck find an insurer for my circumstance. Regards Séamus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭zg3409

You would be considered higher risk as you cannot get penalty points and some people deliberately keep a non Irish licence.

If you have no Irish no claims bonus nor Irish named driving experience in the last 5 years you are also a high risk to insurer.

As mentioned in another thread physically walk into an axa branch with any proof of Australian no claims and they might be able to help.

Consider switching to Irish licence and switching back but that might give issues down under.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭cml387

Insurance companies won't give six months insurance for Irish license holders, never mind foreign license holders.

Advertisement