Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

151 peugeot 5008 semi automatic rolling back on hill

Options
  • 09-08-2022 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

So collected the above today. There is a slight incline at the top of our road. I'm used of a manual and the biting point. It rolled back a bit today as I was waiting to go from brake to accelerator. Should I put it into neutral and handbrake, then just accelerate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It shouldn't roll back more than about an inch or so when the gearbox will then take the strain and stop it, if new to automatic it's a good idea to take the car out on a quiet hill to see this in action. Will give you a bit more confidence of how it works as can be daunting at first especially when coming from a manual.

I'd only use neutral to move the car in a case where the car was broke down and it needed to be pushed/towed.

Advertisement