Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone - what to go for?

Options
  • 09-08-2022 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, which I've had for about 7 years.

The battery is starting to fade a bit, and the storage is getting tight - I have about a million photos that I occasionally try to cull, but then just lose the will to live so give up.

I absolutely love the phone, but it's getting near time to upgrade.

I was going to go for the S22, on the basis that it's the latest version of what I have (I think), but then on here I've read a bit about the battery life being crap. That's definitely an important factor for me. The other thing is storage capacity, and that has 128GB. I can get it "free" on the package I'm on. (I know it's not free).

I have an S20 as a work phone, but barely use it and it's got all sorts of customised apps and security on it, so I can't really compare.

Does anyone use the S22 who could tell me if the battery life is as bad as I've heard? Anything else good or bad?

I'd quite like to stick with Samsung if I can, as I know them and like them, and I'm not very good at learning new toys! But if there are any other phones that people would recommend, I'm all ears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

S22 battery life is terrible. I'm a loght user and hardly get a full day out of it

Advertisement