Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Data Internet Options in Ontario

Options
  • 09-08-2022 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I'll be travelling to visit older family in Ontario soon and they don't have Internet installed. I need it to work while I'm there. Approximately a month.

Do all the phone plans have limited data? I've seen 5 GB max so far, not sure if that's enough for remote work. I was planning to tether to my phone or get a mobile hotspot device.

Prices are very expensive compared to Ireland!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If your phone supports eSims, then getting one of those is likely best bet. 5 GB won't last very long especially if doing video calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

Thanks @circular flexing. Are you aware of any prepaid plans that have unlimited data?

I appreciate Irish providers more now. Amazing the services you can get here for under 20 EUR/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

There are no prepaid plans with unlimited data. You should also check coverage of where you will be based as once you get outside of urban areas, the coverage can be spotty for any network other than the big networks (Telus/Shaw/Rogers/Bell). Cell plans are a joke in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

To all Irish people coming to Canada - prepare yourself for a shock on the Internet/cell phone front. This is like the housing problem in Ireland, a disaster that the government seems powerless to fix. The pain is high - just think about the many other benefits.

Advertisement