Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB export transactions as CSV or Excel

Options
  • 08-08-2022 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have to move banks from Ulster Bank. I called PTSB to find out if I could export transactions as CSV or Excel and unfortunately they couldn't answer my question.

Can anyone with a PTSB account confirm that you can export the last 12 months transactions to CSV or EXCEL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mct1

I asked PTSB something similar via Twitter regarding a potential business account. They replied that you can export recent transactions via a .pdf or .csv file. Not sure how they define "recent" but, if it's anything to go by, on our personal PTSB account you can access 9 months.

Post edited by mct1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 uxt43

it can be exported only for the previous 12 months in csv/excell after that its statements, funnily enough when i asked the chat support they told me it was only possible in pdf, piggy bank still:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

There is a very annoying bug in PTSB's online system when downloading transactions, which I do at the start of every month. If I put in the date range 1 February to 29 February it will ALWAYS include the monthly bank charge and cashback when it is dated 1 March.

This goes for any month: 1 June to 30 June will include the bank charges of 1 July.

And to make matters worse, when downloaded the date order will be 1 Feb, 1 Mar, 1 Mar, 2 Feb, 3 Feb etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Is there any way to get the downloaded spreadsheet to be in the following date order:

1-Mar

2-Mar

3-Mar

as in later tx are in lower cells

• Registered Users Posts: 20 batmansDad

For anyone who stumples across this.

You can only export the past 12 months of transactions. Certainly for my business this is a nightmare as I need 3 months either side of my calendar year.

Their Excel spreadsheet that they export to has some strange formatting choices. @Geuze your best option is to clear the fomatting and then apply your own formatting and styles: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/format-a-date-the-way-you-want-8e10019e-d5d8-47a1-ba95-db95123d273e I have to do extra cleanup on the spreadsheet to make it usable for my needs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement