Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus price plans -Saver vs Smart

Options
  • 08-08-2022 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I'm booking flights to the US and, since the last time I booked, kids are no longer guaranteed to sit with their responsible adult (which I wholeheartedly disagree with but that's for another post). At time of booking I can book saver or smart which includes assigned seats a 20kg checked bag per person. The upgrade costs an extra €250. We only need to check 2 bags so could I add them on separately? Also, could I book the seating to ensure our 2 children at beside at least one adult? Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Saver fare doesn't allow preselection of seats or any checked bags.

Smart includes a 23kg checked bag and seats can be selected once full fare is paid.

Costs for adding 2x 20kg bags both ways would be more than the fare difference as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Have Aer Lingus flights in particular risen massively price?

Im looking at Gran Canaria in September but Fcuk me the prices…looking back to my old emails in June 2019 when I was last there the flights were about half what I’m seeing on the website now- I paid under €300 return with Plus and selected seats/checked bag etc. Its double that making a self booking very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1 goalie29

Hi, I am looking to book return flight for 2 dub-lanzarote in Nov 23 but when choose the saver option it is not clear whether it's 1 10kg bag per person or 1 10kg bag in total. Could someone advise? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Advertisement