Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove Flexi liner pulling away from stove

Options
  • 08-08-2022 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi. I had a insert stove fitted 2 years ago. I notice the last few fires that it was getting a smokey.( thought I would do with a clean). Anyhow I went to clean the liner the weekend and went to remove the top plate on the stove and the vermiculite started coming down. I notice that there is a 2cm gap between the spocket on stove and bottom of bend they fitted into spocket. Rang a local fitter and he said the liner is probably warped. Could this happen?.

Is the only outcome to pull on the liner and refine?. Would the old liner be OK to use or would it have to be new?.

Got a quote today of 1300 to repair and supply materials? .

Should the liner have been fixed to the spocket. Does see and hole or rivets on the liner. Found a small bit of fire cement in the vermiculite that came out first .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DarrenD9

Did you get sorted Cian seems like a mental price

Advertisement