Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Insurance Without NCB?

Options
  • 08-08-2022 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking to insure a Vauxhall Combo 1.3 van I have and use it for work. It recently passed the DOE. I have no 'no claims bonus' as I returned home from Australia last year after being abroad for some time. I took out a motor policy for my car on the 13th of September so I won't have a one years no claim bonus until the 12th of September 2022. I am getting ridiculous quotes because I have no NCB. I spoke with someone from one of the insurance brokers/comparison companies on the phone a few weeks ago and they said that there are two companies that will recognise a one year NCB at 11 months but I can't remember who they were and I have no email correspondence from them. Can anyone help if they know who they might be or maybe recommend a cheap insurer? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Call into an Axa branch. They can do thing on a face to face basis that they can't do online.

If you have documentation that you were claim free in Oz, they may give you a bonus 2 years ncb.

Advertisement