Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public sector jobs.

Options
  • 08-08-2022 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

I have been working in the HSE as a contractor for the past 6 months, which was a start of a new career for me after working many years in construction in the private sector. Since I started this role, I also started a springboard course back in January which I am really enjoying (it's only a year long and will be finish in December this year). I have recently been offered a permanent contract with the HSE which is great as the benefits are really good, and I love the flexibility of the role compared to my previous roles, remote working and flexibility is a massive plus for me. But I have been successfull in a role with the ESB which is in relation to the springboard course I am doing. I'm at a crossroads because the role with the HSE is not the most interesting, but the benefits are great and didn't think I would be made permanent this soon. But the role with the ESB I think I would find more interesting, the money is slightly better (not by much) and the discount on electricity seems to be a big plus, although the holidays are not as good as the HSE. Just wondering has anyone any experience with leaving or joining either organisation? Would be great to hear from somebody that has.

Tagged:

Advertisement