Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Screwfix cannot cancel item and refund until it is delivered to store.

• 06-08-2022 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered an item from Screwfix for click and collect, but there is no estimated time when it will be in the store (it didn't say out of stock) that I want to collect from.

As soon as the order was made, they took the money (€125) from me, and I asked somebody I know to collect it (wishful thinking, but I am glad I did). They went to collect it and were told it wouldn't be there until the 10th. So I decided to cancel it, as I wasn't really expecting to have it straight away, but I need it for Tuesday.

There is nowhere on the site to cancel so I rang the 1800 number and was told it will not be in stock until 12th and then the order has to be processed (I'm not sure she used the word processed, but can't remember what word she did use) and will be in my store on the 15th. I asked to cancel it and she said she has to fill out a form (same for form 'processing' the order) and it will be cancelled the day it is in the store and I will see the refund in 3-5 days after that depending on my bank.

That is crazy. So I mightn't see a refund until the 18th-20th of August.

Is there any way to speed this up? Can i ask revolut to cancel the order faster so I can use that money to buy the same product elsewhere?

EDIT _

Apparently not. I have been on to Revolut, and now have to wait 8 days etc. Reverting could lead to issues.

Comments

Advertisement