Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under Sink Water Filter: Broken Parts - Replacement?

Options
  • 05-08-2022 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I recently had a battle with a leak from my under sink water filter system, and I lost. I over-tightened a plastic nut (which has 6mm water tube connected) and it snapped. The best way for me to describe is probably through the use of photographs - so here is the broken parts:

The outer thread diameter of the part on the right looks to be 1". The blue tubing on the left looks to be about 6mm, and has a fixed connection to the light gray connector - which screwed into the part on the right. The diameter of that part (so inner diameter of part on right) looks to be 1/2". I need to find some way to replace this or adapt the 6mm blue tubing (inner diameter 4mm) to the 1" diameter female socket on the water filter system - see some more photos below:

Would anyone happen to know where I might be able to source a replacement part to get from 6mm tubing (of which the inner diameter is 4mm) up to the 1" of the water filter (as above), or an exact replacement of the broken parts above by any chance (either online or off the shelf in Cork area) ? I tried calling around but didn't have any success yet :\

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Not that exact fitting but one that should get you up a running again 1/2" bsp to 1/4" pushfit water filter plumbing fitting connector you'll need a 1/2inch nippple to join the two.

Thats assuming your plastic pipe is 1/4 inch. 1/4 inch is approx 6.35mm.

The push type fittings are sometimes known refereed to as "John Guest" if you are googling for them and you can get them in 1/4 inch and 6mm but I'd guess its more likely yours is 1/4 inch. John Guest fittings are used a good bit by how brewers in pump set ups. If you need the 6mm push fit then you'll need to get creative with a few adapters to get the fitting up to 1/2" bsp at the other end.

As for the googling try 1/4 inch john Guest to 1/2 inch bsp and you should find something suitable, but checking a few suppliers I can only find the ones with female 1/2 inch bsp which as I said will need a 1/2 inch nipple.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

@The Continental Op thanks so much for the links and heads up on the terminology - you have definitely got me on the right path now, and I think I found another Irish based supplier with similar parts that I can order from. Thanks so much really appreciated!

Advertisement