Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing

• 05-08-2022 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Has anyone been nominated by Limerick City and County Council to one of the approved housing bodies? I got a call 2 weeks ago from the council to tell me they were nominating me for a property coming up but I've heard nothing since. Has anyone else gone through this? I know these houses are almost ready, if not already ready to be given out.

I'm quite anxious as I am 17 years on housing list, and this is the first time I've ever heard anything about a potential home. I don't even know who to contact to ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Notmything

Not Limerick, but similar circumstances.

Got a letter saying I was nominated to a housing body like yourself. This was just last year.

Bout a month later I got a confirmation letter from the body with much the same info but it had a questionnaire to fill out. After that I had an interview and Garda vetting. And finally I had to do a couple of workshops before I got my keys.

Whole thing took about 6-8 weeks once I heard from the housing body but usual caveat applies this was my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 miasmum

Thank you so much. I didn't get a letter from the council, I got a call as he said he needed my permission to forward my details. I would have much preferred to hear nothing, until the housing body contacted me. That makes me feel much better. I'm hounding the postman at the moment. 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Notmything

No worries, and best of luck.

Hopefully you will get some good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭zell12

17 years! I don't hear politicians publicising that

• Registered Users Posts: 20 miasmum

Don't I know it. And they do absolutely nothing. Every politician I contacted over the years couldn't believe the length of time I'm on the housing list and the best they could do was a letter to the council for me. Hence my anxiety. This is the furthest I've ever gotten. Meanwhile, I know a family member who was bearly 2 years on the list and was housed over a year ago. Their "housing list" has no rhyme or reason. It's so corrupt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement