Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim2007 moderator preventing free speech

Options
  • 04-08-2022 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi please review the actions of this person . He removed my post from banking and finance then implicitly threatened me . He preventing free discussion and speech . Whats the point of boards if this goes on. Than

kyou

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 death112

Disgusting behaviour threatening someone implicitly,,,,,bullying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You left out my original post:

"Jim2007 9:50AM

I have deleted your thread from the banking forum. Public policy is for the politics forum and rants are for the after hours forum. Do not attempt to post this again. And I'm not going to debate the issue with you either."

Theses board are run by a private company and you don't have a right to free speech, despite this I suggested two other forums which may be appropriate for your content. If you decided not to do so that is your choice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is there a ban or warning that you're disputing?

And as a reminder, you have no freedom of speech on someone else's private website.

Please delete my account and change your website name to boards.ru

What a joke . You don't condem this .

Pathetic forum

I'm disputing a warning. That moderator warned threatened me whatever you wana call it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Send your account deletion request to datarequests@boards.ie

I'll take it from your dodging the question and your abusive behaviour that this thread can be closed.

There's no forum ban or warning to dispute, and OP has agreed to continue in a civil manner. Re-opening and moving to Helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

Why was my post deleted? nothing abusive, just a comment...

When you posted it was in DRP, hence it was deleted, along with Jim2007's post at the time.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,728 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There was no threat beyond a moderator doing what is expected of them. As pointed out by Spear this is a private website. There is no freedom of speech here. You are expected to post within our rules and guidelines. A mod has determined the thread you started was not appropriate for the forum in question. That is a reasonable decision for a moderator on this site to make

• Advertisement
Advertisement