Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(deleted)

Options
  • 03-08-2022 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

(deleted)

Post edited by SayReys on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Why do you care? You pay the rent, it's recorded . What happens next isn't your concern I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Revolut has an associated IBAN and is a bank account. Your landlord may have decided that the fees charged by "legacy" banks aren't worth the service they were getting.

The incentive could be as simple as them avoiding an account maintenance fee. There is no compliance issue or evasion angle via Revolut and you have an immediately accessible ledger of all the payments you send them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SayReys

(deleted)

Post edited by SayReys on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I rent a room and get paid via Revolut. It's just become my main card / account in recent time so it made sense.

Advertisement