Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGCE -PRIMARY ECT 2 Years in England

Options
  • 03-08-2022 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello

about to start a PGCE in England next month. Wondering since they’ve extended the old NQT (Newly qualified teacher) induction, now called ECT (early career teacher) to two years, would anyone on this forum know if upon completion of PGCE in England could then move to Ireland to become a teacher in Ireland?

i.e. - would anyone know if the Teaching Council of Ireland accept someone who had just completed a PGCE, or a year of an ECT even?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NiallMcRobert

As upon completion of a PGCE it leads to a recommendation of QTS (qualified teacher status) … I wonder if the ECT period in the UK could be forgoed?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭williaint

The TC insist you complete your induction in the country you trained in, i.e. England and as you rightly say the induction period is now 2 years over there. It just means more paperwork, observations and targets - they will always find something you need to work on!

The requirement to complete the induction in England was temporarily waived during Covid - the TC allowed people to complete the Droichead here instead. I doubt they will allow this again but who knows!

Best of luck with your PGCE!

Advertisement