Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessington Street - Rubbish

Options
  • 02-08-2022 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I mean that as a question...not a statement.

I get the bus into work every morning and get welcomed as we turn into Blessington St by the seagulls. What's going on with the rubbish on the street ??. Every morning the place is a dump site. Seems to be only that stretch from the Berkeley junction down to Dorset St...and North Frederick St. seems grand.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I noticed that a few weeks ago when I was on the bus into town for a course. Every morning it was filthy. Tweeted the council, no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Its been like this for years - I almost moved into the area a couple of years ago and pretty much the #1 thing people said was rubbish.

I am guessing that most of the buildings on the street don't have wheelie bins they have those prepaid bags. The street is fairly high foot traffic so I'd say they get kicked over a lot. That probably attracts seagulls, and maybe those seagulls have trained themselves to open other bags. Either way its pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Was in a cafe the other day on North Circular road just down from The Mater hospital, was observing 2 properties across the road, about 30 roma gypsies outside smoking, rubbish everywhere, seagulls and Im sure rodents active also.

The two properties looked liked something from the Dublin of the 1920's windows smashed , derelict looking, filth and rubbish everywhere. The other property was boarded up, windows all smashed in it also.

I dont understand how people can live like this, not blaming the roma, inner city north Dublin from Summerhill to NCR is a sh1t show for rubbish bags, scrotes on electric scooters in gangs, street drinking everywhere, to a tourist looks like down town Calcutta, what a sh1t hole the inner city is turning into. Have people no pride anymore about their environment.

DCC have a lot of work to do in this Dublin 1 area to get it looking clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

DCC are more interested in what goes on in Palestine than in Dublin.

Advertisement