Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kero boiler insulation

Options
  • 02-08-2022 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hell all, I need to replace the front panel insulation on my kerosene boiler. Its crumbling away and in bad condition. Ive tried searching but im unsure of the exact material needed. Ill post this link which has the same type I need. http://thehelpfulengineer.com/index.php/2011/10/servicing-an-oil-boiler-firebird-popular-range/

I imagine its something Ill cut to shape. This is the insulation thats attached to the panel that gives access to clean the baffles.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

The information that the link connects to is woefully inadequate in describing what needs doing after removing that baffle door. It needs a properly experienced technician to do it safely.

Those fire boards can be bought in most plumbing suppliers and cut if needed. You might be lucky to get a dedicated one ready to fit, if not just cut to size.

You would be much better getting a boiler tech to do it and service it at same time. You'll save to cost within about a year. Also you'll have the whole thing done safely.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

as wearb says above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

The link was just to aid my description of the type of fire board I needed. As in has it an actual name/ type etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

type of bord is cerobord

depends on what boiler you have but the most common thickness is 20mm

it is important to get the correct thickness otherwise you just wont have a good seal

Advertisement