Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good all round shotgun clay/game

Options
  • 01-08-2022 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all

im looking for a shotgun that can do a bit of everything. Something that is ok for clays but also can double up for some game shooting. i had a Browning cynergy in mind but i cant seem to find one. Then I thought Browning B525, maybe the SL5.25. but then while picking up some ammo i saw a benelli Supersport World Cup semi auto in carbon fibre look finish. I love the look but it also feel and fit, nice to hold if not a bit on the light side.

Question is what are these like? i have shot a Browning maxus. How do Benelli compare? sometimes when firing the maxus you can really Feel the cycling action, is this the same on all autos? anyone who has a Benelli have any input or advice? or any auto owners?? if i go with an auto will i regret it and wish i had gone for an over and under??

Thanks DB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

I just bought the sl5.25 and it has transformed my shooting. I love everything about the gun from the way it sits on the shoulder to the trap forend. It's a cracking shotgun and is a true all-rounder... You will not go wrong.

I don't even take out the semi anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Browning 525 sporter/beretta 682/686e

Best idea is to go try a few and see what's best and what's comfortable and fits the best. The ata sporters are getting good feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Look for a Cynergy Black Ice with the syntactic stock. You can adjust the stock to fit your conformation with the shims and shoulder pad pieces which come with the gun. Only issue with one is the non auto safety which is preferred if you’re primarily game shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Lakeland’s May have a browning cynergy. Had one a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ace86

benelli Are probably the best semi autos on the market they are inertia driven and once they are broke in should cycle anything compared to other semi autos which are gas and mighten be able to cycle light loads of 24g and sometimes 28g. Don’t have a semi myself but a buddy of mine has a benelli supersport and I love it to be honest be something I might get myself down the road sometime.Knocknagoshel has one or 2 benelli semis for sale lately if ur interested.

here is my buddy’s benelli it is a lovely gun to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ace86

I have a cynergy myself with about 8 years great gun for rough shooting the balance mighten be the best compared to other under and overs but still a good gun. Go for the 30” barrel as they are front heavy and depending on the type of build of a person person you are a 32” wouldn’t suite u and probably be awkward to carry and mount. They have extendable chokes on them ideal for clay shooting maybe not so much for game hunting. I use flush chokes on it all the time and are happy out. Only reason I went down this route a previous owner of one damaged the choke out hunting cost nearly €80 for the choke at the time so I said bcos I do a lot of rough shooting don’t want to be buying one every year lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭BSA International

Have a Beretta 391 s/a sporter for years. Had numerous o/u and s/s before it. Great gun for everything from vermin, game to clays.

Only thing I'd change it for would be Benelli Vinci, fab gun !

Advertisement