Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose Cistern Levers

Options
  • 01-08-2022 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im slightly losing my marbles here but I’m hoping you can point me towards what I’m doing wrong with a replacement cistern lever.

I got the lever, inner screw mechanism and the plastic part that attaches to the hook. I tightened the plastic so that the central part is tight to the toilet cistern. The odd thing is that the cistern handle.. the flusher.. still wiggles around and in and out. It looks like the bar is too long by about 3-4mm. So off I went and got another new one. Same problem! The lever arm goes through the plastic but the plastic seems too short. I’ve attached 2 pics that show the handle pushed in and fully pulled out. You can see the gap in both cases.

Hopefully someone will be able to tell me if I’m doing something wrong. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I had the exact same problem. 'Fixed' it by cutting a hole in a cushion pad designed to stick to the bottom of chair legs to stop them scraping on fancy floors. I inserted the adapted pad in the position indicated in your pic 2and it stopped the wiggle. It acts like a cushioned washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

That’s a good idea! I’m sure I’ve a couple of those hanging around. Thanks!

Advertisement