Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

App Connect Activation method VW Sharan 2019

Options
  • 01-08-2022 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All

I need a help / advise.

Last year I bought Volkswagen Sharan 2019. I had activated for Car Bet services and no issues with it. However I was unaware that it also does have App Connect to link this with my smartphone.

I wanted to know if anyone had this issue with and how was this resolved and how much ut cost you from dealer.

When I click App button the message is contact dealer for activation the same applies for voice commands.

Kindest regards

Joby

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JT2022

Hi All

Last year I bought this vehicle. I had successfully created Car Net services. I was not aware that this car had the facility of App Connect to link the smartphone.

Has anyone had this issue and how did this resolved. How much it cost you.

I have attached a photo of this issues in the entertainment system.

Kind regards

Joby

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Try posting your query in the motors thread: https://www.boards.ie/categories/motors

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JT2022

Ok thank you will do

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi @JT2022 welcome to Boards. I have moved your query to the Motors forum where you might get some help. I've also merged your two threads on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Why would you bother.. Afaik all it does is send shitloads of potentially private data to VW. On your data plan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement