Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Hot Water

Options
  • 31-07-2022 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

We've temporarily moved back into a downstairs maisonette we normally let out while house is being renovated.

Last night I noticed water in hot taps was cold. Normally hot water is set on constant on boiler controls so should never have happened. Gas central heating and water system-no problems in the past. Older Ideal boiler-

The previous night I heard some loud, strange noises coming from the airing cupboard which houses hot water cylinder and water tank above. Sounded like vague drilling noises which I presumed at the time was coming from new occupants of upstairs who had been using a drill as have appeared to be doing so in last few months we have been here! Should have investigated I know but just assumed it was neighbours doing some work. Oddly enough noise stopped when I turned on tap in kitchen-could be just a coincidence but maybe not.

Is there anything I can check before I call out a plumber as I've heard good one in this area is on holiday at the moment and (from bad experiences in past) reluctant to get tradesmen I don't know!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

Interesting development-I've just spoken to the owner of upstairs, initially to enquire about the drilling noise and if he had been doing any work on the night in question (he hadn't) and it transpired he, too has no hot water! For about the same length of time.

The two maisonettes are entirely separate units - though the layout is identical ie the airing cupboards are in exactly the same place in each.

Any thoughts anyone? Reputable plumber still away.

Advertisement