Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puma Deviate Nitro Elite - Raceday or every day?

Options
  • 29-07-2022 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi All,

I recently purchased a pair of the puma running shoes after someone on here highlighted they were on sale in Elverys. I've done a few runs (short and longish) and really like them. I'm just wondering if its recommended to use this style of shoe for everyday running or if it should be kept mostly for races? I switched back to my Kayano 28's and they feel really clunky now compared to the Pumas.

Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I've also bought a pair, picking them up next week. I'm planning to use them for most MP and faster sessions, but will use Next% 2's for race day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

It's all individual really. I know people who purely train in the high end shoes and others who don't touch off them until race day. Training in high end shoes has become a lot more common.

Personally I originally bought high end shoes (Saucony Endorphin Pro) with a view to purely using them as a marathon racing shoe. Then I bought the next% and alphafly and the endorphins were relegated to a training shoe for big sessions.

There is no right and wrong really. All I would say is if you only have two pairs of shoes in your rotation I certainly wouldn't train and race in the Puma. I like to have a shoe for race day that I never normally wear outside of racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

Thanks Swashbuckler. That makes sense. Cheers

Advertisement