Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it nerve pain after a replacement filling?

Options
  • 28-07-2022 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi All,

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. My gun was sore near a filled tooth and my dentist said she would replace the filling. This was done in May. She said when she replaced the filling, there was a slight bit of decay but it should be fine now. A couple of days later I got tingly feelings in my face and on that side where the tooth was filled.

Anyway had it for a few weeks and had been to my doctor and was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia after going back to the dentist to see if there was anything wrong with any of the teeth on that side. She did x rays and said she could not see anything at all. I'm on antripyline at the moment and the pain has eased slightly. I can go days without a pain or uncomfortable feeling and then I could get it back for 3,4 or even five days. It's not a bad pain,just uncomfortable and it really does feel like it's the tooth that was filled. Could it be that there was too much decay in the tooth and it was dying anyway? It's not sore to push on or eat on it. It's just uncomfortable to have it all the time, it's really getting on top of me now. my gum is still sore when I floss . Or is it trigeminal neuralgia as I have other teeth that are sensitive, even though the tingly feeling isn't as bad.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Root canal done?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

OP it could be your a bit over agressive with the floss, i can only use electric toothbrush as i am to agressive with manual so it seems to me more like gum problem.

Mark, what options are available for broken front tooth as base is ok but filled twice and broke. I think the root has to be removed for implant so take a year and like to have done soon. May have to go abroad as my own dentist did fillings.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vwcorrado

No haven't had root canal. I have asked my dentist to look at the filling that she did and she said theres no problem with it. She can tap the tooth and it's fine and iv no problem with eating. It's is just that uncomfortable feeling. Perhaps it is trigeminal neuralgia and the tablets haven't done as much as my doctor had hoped. It is just unusual that it's one side of my mouth and usual only the top 😕

Advertisement