Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for non-insured car

Options
  • 28-07-2022 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

I had a look and couldn't find any other information on this so hoping someone can help.

May partner bought a cheap burner car in Dec 2021 as she was still learning to drive. She had her provisional and was insured as a named driver on my policy for my car. We're currently living in an apartment block so no room to store the 2 cars. She opted to not insure the car for the time being and leave it sitting in my parents' garden. Car was taxed and NCTd from previous owners.

She has now passed her test and went to get insurance on the car. She rang a provider who told her she would have difficulty insuring the car because she has owned it since December but it was not declared off the road. It seems to be an issue that the insurance lapsed on the car itself.

Has anyone been through this before? Any advice on this one is greatly appreciated. We'll be moving soon so will be able to have the 2nd car operational and we will both need to commute to work by car as out of public transport range

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

You could change the car to your name then back to hers so it looks like shes just recently bought it.

Advertisement