Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locking new Dublin Bikes

• 28-07-2022 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

I don't think I'm stupid. And I can usually follow wordless schematic instructions for doing things like assembling Flat Pack furniture, but.....

I am completely mystified by the locking mechanism for the new model Dublin Bikes. Not the mechanism for pushing them into an approved stand--that's the same as before. But the method for chaining it to a temporary stand while you pop into the shop/bank etc.

The old bikes' mechanism is self explanatory: wrap the chain around a post or frame, click it into the hole and the key pops out, pocket key and use it to unlock the bike when you come back. But these new bikes: what's the story? No key, incomprehensible diagrams and no clear instructions as to what to do. Nothing on the Dublin Bikes site to explain either.

Anybody got any clue?

Yours cluelessly....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I'm also looking for an answer to this. Had a very frustrating locking attempt fail.

Also the bike I got out was missing the front brake entirely. They're on rag order!

Advertisement