Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Limit warning device

Options
  • 28-07-2022 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there any device i can put in my car for just warning / alerting me of the speed limits on irish roads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

You could use something like the Waze app on your smartphone (if you have one).... It has a feature to warn you if you are exceeding the speed limit, but it also displays your own speed and the current limit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Do you need the WAZE app displaying on the phone screen for this to happen & phone in a holder & visible? I guess the WAZE app can't be running in the background & minimised

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

It needs to be running on the phone screen and visible, yes. You can set it to alert when speeding but the app needs to be running and not in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I have a old Garmin sat nav. The main reason I keep it is that I have it set to show miles rather than km so when I've in the UK I can see the speed in good old imperial measurements. If kept updated its fairly accurate as to the current speed limits and warns you with a beep when you are over the limit. I've used a kit to hard wire it to the dash so it comes on when I start the car.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭C4000

A regular sat nav (Garmin etc) shows speed limits/your current speed and will make a noise if you are exceeding the limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

You can see the limit and your speed on Google maps. Handy to warn you of those honey trap speed limits.

Advertisement