Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porting problems on tesco mobile and three network

Options
  • 27-07-2022 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

have been having problems for over a week now trying to port my number over to tesco mobile with no joy only just got an answer there having problems with porting they said they don.t know wen it will be resolved three is having the same problems wen u ring customer care your lucky to get the right answer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 comuirch

I'm having exactly this issue as well. Had no luck progressing via phone, twitter or anything else.

Did you manage to get it resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭bronkobilly

i gave up trying i was more time on the phone with no result and no port went through u can port a number out from tesco mobile or three but not to port a number in to tesco mobile or three as does not work at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Are Three blocking the port or what? Some full stops,commas would help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Had this problem about 3 weeks ago. Took a day on to support to fix it. Took 24 hrs. Thought it was just a glitch at time.

But tried another one the other day and had almost the same issue. Currently stuck about 24hrs waiting to port. I was told three have to release it. I assume at this point it could be well into next week.

I'm not sure why they all have terrible support infrastructure. Never had so many problems as in recent years.

Post edited by Flinty997 on

Port never got sorted. as I have a duel sim phone I just put the new sim in the phone now a have two numbers now. one that is the new number. second one is the old number that never ported over to the first sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

The one I was porting was ported earlier today. Just spotted it now. All working. So I assume there's people working through them over the weekend.

i just see wat happens in the next few day they may have a backlog of numbers to port🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cat2022

Did you get sorted?

I have been waiting for my number to port my number from Virgin since Wednesday last week. It's madness. You stay on hold for 30 minutes to talk to someone who has no clue what they doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 comuirch

I never got sorted. Just processing the cooling off here now. It's ridiculous stuff. Every agent says "up to 3-5 days", nothing happens, and they raise another ticket so it's another "3-5 days", and again nothing....

I'll be spending as much time as required to ensure i get back every cent i gave to Tesco. I refuse to be even a cent out of pocket because they can't provide the product I've paid for. Not sure who the relevant body will be but whether it's COMREG, or small claims, I'll see it through to the end.....

Terrified now that they'll do something stupid like continue to port my number even though I've asked them to cancel that process, and that I end up losing my number....

For anyone in this cycle of hell, I'd suggest the Facebook messenger approach is the most responsive. At least you can get them to respond to your questions in a semi-timely manner. Despite trying to get through to 1903 on numerous occasions I've never managed to actually get through to a human, so save yourself some stress and don't bother.

100 percent agree with you. Their approach to customer service is shambles. I am within my cooling period but I am on the fence on whether to cancel or not. I bought my phone online, and I can't just hand it in at a store. I need to PAY for registered post myself and send it to their warehouse. I am just going to wait it out and if this isn't resolved, I will escalate through a regulated body.

Best of luck to you

• Advertisement

I gave up more time on the phone trying to sort it out now and nothing ported over

I can't believe I am saying this but they actually ported the number yesterday. The nightmare is over.

Advertisement