Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidls water carrick glen

Options
  • 27-07-2022 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I've been getting Lidls water for as long as I can remember as I stopped drinking water from taps years ago because of the additives, Florida etc.

Has anyone else noticed a change in the water quality that Lidl supply by Carrick Glen?

It's not visible in the water bottles but once it's poured out into container, kettle saucepan etc, after a few minutes there's a constant sediment that is very visible that settles at the bottom of container.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

"I stopped drinking water from taps years ago because of the additives, Florida etc." 😁 Love it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can't say I've noticed any florida in any water...except when I visited florida, can't comment on the bottled water as I don't tend to drink bottled water due to the massive amount of needless plastic waste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Plus, why do people put such trust in bottled water to be safe? “Tap water is iffy but I trust bottled water to be safe” Based on what? Don’t get that attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ah loads of bullsh1t wondering around the internets over potable water, most potable tap water in developed countries such as ours, is generally absolutely fine and healthy to drink, fluoridation of supplies has had a dramatic effect in denture care, with plenty of science and evidence to support it, criticism of such tends to be very much bullsh1t based, wouldnt be surprised if some of this 'information' is coming from beneficial industries of bottled water!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ive my own well. A nice spring 100 feet down 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Xander10

How long can it sit in a plastic bottle before use by date? Is something added?

If you put water in a plastic bottle at home, would you drink it 3 days later or pour down the sink for a fresh refill?

I'm very unsure when it comes to it of the benefit of some waters in plastic bottles v tap water.

Ps.. I think water tastes better from a glass bottle than plastic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I use the Carrick Glen water for beer brewing. Makes a massive difference to the quality of the final product when compared to tap water.

To answer your question OP - I have not noticed a difference in it of late with sediment etc.

any idea what is causing the poorer quality with tap water?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It depends on the council but water from your tap will have varying hardness, alkalinity, Chloride, Sodium, potassium, iron etc etc. And if you live in an area with old lead pipes then you will get a bit of that added in.

makes sense that the bottled water would be purer, id imagine its well filtered for market, use to work in the industry years ago, interesting stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Going back to the OP the water quality with Lidl brand name stuff (expect Aldi is the same) can change simply because Lidl change supplier to suit themselves. Its a good few years back now but a neighbor was a sales director for one of the major Irish food companies. We were talking about how Carrick Glen water had had problems with under filled bottles and he said that should stop as because of that his company had just taken over providing Lidl with Carrick Glen water. Might now be in the hands of a different company. If they have problems then the supplier will be changed to one that promises better.

OP may I suggest you take a look at something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXFEZOJ ditto Trigger Happy (if you are in the Waterford area I might be able to give you 20-30l for a test brew) . It is expensive to run (~€100 a year) but for less than the yearly cost of bottled water my son drank (he wouldn't drink our crap tap water) everyone in the house gets good tasting water.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LolaBC

🤣🤣🤣 feckin predictive text... Fluoride not Florida

So which water do you use if you stopped using tap water years ago?

Lucky you...nature's gold imo.

Wish I could find someone local who has a natural well & wouldn't mind sharing 🤪

Advertisement