Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Fiesta ST Line to Audi A4 petrol

• 26-07-2022 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I have a 2020 Ford Fiesta ST Line and looking to change to a 1.4 petrol model Audi A4, preferably 2017/2018. If I trade in my car (which is around €20,000 to buy looking on DoneDeal) and buying an Audi at say €25,000) how much would it cost me to change?

anyone who has traded in a car let me know as I’m brutal with numbers? Looking to do a straight swap but obviously money may have to go towards the Audi? Anyone that can explain their trade in, in simple terms let me know!!

Comments

There's no question your going to have to put the money towards the Audi. I'd say your looking at at least €7.5k to change if the above numbers are what your going off.

The Fiesta would be a hard sell privately in my opinion so you could look at selling it to a trader or a dealer but your going to get around 15k for it whereas they might give you 17-18k as a trade in.

You'd really need to pop into the dealer you see the Audi on and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your car is asking 20k on donedeal you can be sure you won't get offered that as a trade in against the Audi.

You would be better off selling your own car either privately or to another dealer who buys cars for cash, then try and negotiate a discount off the Audi.

Zucar (Joe Duffy Group), betterdeal.ie (Des Hughes Motors), etc will make a cash offer for your Fiesta, the overall deal might be better than trying to trade it in against an older car of slightly higher value.

Advertisement