Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filters not restarting after powercut

Options
  • 25-07-2022 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭

Was away for two weeks, getting back last week. While away, we had a short powercut at home and neither of my filters (Juwel internal & CristalProfi external) restarted by themselves.

Family were calling over daily to feed fish and didn't notice filters weren't running until about 24 hours later, they noticed significant deterioration in water quality and fish gasping for air. Managed to talk them through restarting the external filter by priming and when I got back, the Juwel filter restarted with a tap to the pump head.

Very frustrating, I lost 2/3rds of my Malawi setup including most of my larger fish. Things seem to have stabilised now.

Has anyone come across this before, is there anything that can be done to encourage filters to restart themselves, as I believe they are intended to or was I just extremely unlucky.

Advertisement