Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual-Sim Android 5G recommendations?

Options
  • 25-07-2022 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭

I need a phone that lets me receive, in real time, text messages originating in the US. VOIP is not an option. I also need to replace my old Huawei phone, which was fine for a few years but it's breaking down regularly.

So, as I don't buy phones too often, I'm thinking to go 5G for eventual deployment in Ireland, and to take advantage of such when I visit the US. However, it seems like there really aren't a lot of dual-sim 5G phones. Google's got one with a physical SIM and an e-SIM, but I wonder if the e-SIM would work for secure text messages from purchasing sites, etc. Also, there's a Xiaomi 12 pro which purports to be dual SIM and 5G. Are there others worth investigating? Is it too soon for wide availability of dual-SIM 5G?

TIA

Advertisement