Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Maintaining a matte paint finish with no way to wash at home

Options
  • 24-07-2022 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭

I'd a car order and picked a matte paint. Only after ordering when looking over the literature did I find out that you need special cleaning products for matte paint, I've no way to wash cars at home so I'd of had of had to use my families houses to wash which would be doable but a hassle . Unfortunately my car was cancelled so I'm back looking at cars, I still have the option to buy the cancelled car when they are available, but should I drop the matte paint for normal paint or will using hand car wash places destroy the matte paint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

A lot of hand car washes will probably damage paint whether it's matte or normal paint but won't have the products for matte paint I'd imagine. I'd stay away from matte paint without a way of washing it yourself unless you'd a detailer near by that would wash it for you

Advertisement