Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good areas to live in and around Wexford town in 2022?

Options
  • 24-07-2022 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everybody,

We've decided on buying a house in Wexford and would really appreciate opinions on what specific areas are good to live in.

Most of the information we found on various forums are a couple of years old, so unsure how valid it is today.

Here's roughly what we're looking for:

- Good, safe areas

- Reliable internet, 90Mbps at least

- Shops nearby

- Within 10 mins drive from town centre

Thanks a mill for all your inputs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CMCXCV

Whiterock, Ard Uisce and Cluain Dara are the first estates which pop into my head. They are modern houses and well built. All are close to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cooljude

Hi OP, it’s a bit like how long is a piece of string without more definitive criteria. …rural or urban/suburban setting preferred, price limit, detached house vs estate, activities enjoyed, requirements of your household E.g. does someone enjoy walks/cycling etc/ kids activities/schools?

most areas around Wexford are considered safe.

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheGreenBird

Thanks guys for the input.

We've now done a couple of visits to various areas. We've narrowed it down to Whiterock, Mulgannon, Piercestown, Murringtown and Castlebridge. Possibly may go as far as Curracloe.

We definitely prefer detached or a semi. The wife wants to get a dog, so walks will be required as well as a backyard where one is able to swing a cat. School is not a priority but it may become in a couple of years. I've heard the one in Piercestown is good.

I checked websites of various internet providers for a couple of addresses, and they always tell me that I can get 500 Mbps. I wonder how much truth there is in these statements though 🤔

Advertisement