Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Had Donor Egg IVF- Have 6 month baby- Now relationship has ended-- advice needed

• 23-07-2022 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am a 44 year old man who has a 6 month old baby conceived through donor egg IVF with a 44 year old woman. Needed a donor egg due to woman's age.

She ended the relationship when the baby was just 3 months old. She wasn't happy with me visiting my other child.

I have only seen my baby once in the past 3 months. I am so sad. I was the best Dad ever for the 3 months I had her. I did every single night on my own looking after her, bottles, nappies, clothes change etc. Her mother slept in the room next door as she was tired after the c section. I did everything for 3 months. Now I have nothing.

The donor egg aspect complicates things as I am my child's only biological parent. It was an anonymous Ukrainian donor egg. There is no biological link with her 'mother' though she did give birth to her.

Now my child is in this awful mess. Does anyone have any advice or even thoughts on the matter? What do people think? It is such a mess isn't it?

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Get the best family law solicitor you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seamus43

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My opinion is of no relevance.

You want access/full custody of your child and communication has broken down with your partner, it needs to go before a judge for the courts to decide what's best for the child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

get yourself a good therapist to, as it sounds like a very complicated situation, she sounds very controlling, and you need support through this, best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ShamanRing

Good luck. Please don’t seek the random advice of people from the internet here. Please get a good family law professional.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No ones opinion is of any great relevance on boards as a whole yet here we are with millions of posts.

That said the advice is valid - get s solicitor. It is a horrible situation and I cannot even imagine a scenario that I would be separated from my children. Obviously only seeing one side of the story here but it seems unnecessarily cruel to deny a childs parent bonding time and regular access.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

“Now my child is in this awful mess.”

Your child isn’t in a mess. You two (parents) are though.

You need a solicitor to get this resolved. Assigning blame or guilt is counterproductive here and it won’t work in your favour.

• Administrators Posts: 14,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@seamus43 I am going to lock this thread and ask you to contact me directly to clear up a few things.

For future reference, Personal Issues/Relationship Issues is a forum where posters come to seek advice on an issue they are having and hopefully finding a solution to their problem.

Threads asking "What do you think of the situation" are not appropriate in this forum, because what others think of the situation is irrelevant. Unless you want advice on how to address the issue, which in your case the only advice would be to go the legal route, then your posts are not suitable in this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement