Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathtub mixer tap - can't remove diverter.

Options
  • 23-07-2022 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Our power shower broke (Triton as2000xt - the sound of something spinning inside was getting worse and now it won't turn on/no sound, but I may seek help in a new thread about that). As a work around we use shower from the mixer tap, however it doesn't cut out the water from the tap, so we have water pouring from the tap and the shower hose/head, which is almost no pressure. The diverter doesn't have a handle, but it's a know you twist up/down or to the sides, honestly it goes all over the place. It says Rapetti on it. I try to pull it out and rotate to unscrew to replace the valve and get a normal handle switch/diverter, but no luck. Do I have to cut the black plastic to expose a screw?

Any advise would be very much appreciated, taking showers is a nightmare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 herrzeba

I used brute force and removed the handle using a screwdriver, then unscrewed the valve. I talked to a very kind plumber who said this is very old mixer tap form late 70s and there are no spare parts for it. Since we moved in this wasn't working properly, not diverting the water 100%. Turns out these two plastic "teeth" on the top broke ages ago. There were close to each other with a gap between them, because inside the tap there is a vertical metal part narrow vertical black pipe, possibly for adjusting somehow. I got 1/4 replacement disc valve from Woodies that will not go in, because of that shower head pipe. My wife told me to leave it, I just couldn't, so unless I find the part we are back to square one plus I ruined the handle (still works, but just look at it).

Post edited by herrzeba on

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭spuddy4711

Try blocking the tap

Advertisement