Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is my water pressure low for hot water in shower?

Options
  • 21-07-2022 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I have a non electric shower and the pressure is fine when running cold water. As soon as I change it to hot the pressure dramatically reduces and actually cuts out on and off while remaining weak.

Any ideas on why this is?

Thanks

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

Is the cold supply from the mains or from a tank in the attic? And is the hot supply from a vented (gravity) or unvented HW Cylinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MarkK1986

Cold is from a tank and it is a unvented hw cylinder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

What is supplying the unvented HW cylinder?, is it from the mains or is it pumped?, any idea of its pressure? Normally, a unvented HW cylinder would be fed either from the mains or a pumped supply with the cold water taken off a balanced supply from the combination valve on the cold water supply to the cylinder, it is very unusual to have it as you have it, ie gravity cold as the shower shuttle valve has to greatly throttle in the hot side to enable the very low pressure cold water to mix. Is it a thermostatically controlled shower?.

Advertisement